Modern Foreign LanguagesBack
Why should I choose to study Modern Foreign Languages?
Not only does a Modern Foreign Language encourage the disciplined study of the target language, but it also promotes the development of oral, written, research, and editing skills.
One of the main attractions of a Modern Foreign Language is the opportunity to study or work abroad. Learning a modern foreign language also gives an insight into different cultures and provides an opportunity to work in international affairs or a global company.
How will I be examined?
- Theme 1 - Identity and culture:
- Who am I?
- Daily life
- Cultural life.
- Theme 2 - Local, national, holiday and travel:
- Travel and tourist transactions
- Town, region and country.
- Theme 3 - School:
- What school is like
- School activities.
- Theme 4 - Future aspirations, study and work:
- Using languages beyond the classroom
- Theme 5 - International and global dimension:
- Bringing the world together
- Environmental issues.
Recommended text books, additional reading and online resources
- Viva! Edexcel GCSE Spanish Foundation student book , Authors: Rachel Hawkes, Christopher Lillington, Publisher: Pearson
- Viva! Edexcel GCSE Spanish Higher student book , Authors: Rachel Hawkes, Christopher Lillington, Publisher: Pearson
- Edexcel GCSE French Higher, Authors: Clive Bell, Gill Beckett, Anneli Mclachlan
- Edexcel GCSE French Foundation, Authors: Clive Bell, Gill Beckett, Anneli Mclachlan
Recommended online resources
Asia Robinson, Head of MFL