Why work with CST?
We have a strong ethos that clearly sets out our goals for all children to succeed, no matter what their starting point is.
The Community Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow the government's Safer Recruiting Guidelines and all appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
If you join our family of schools we will develop your career through our extensive professional career opportunities. Our schools even have teaching and learning coffee mornings where you can share ideas with other professionals. We have a strong ethos that clearly sets out our goals for all children to succeed. Opportunities to develop in our trust are substantial.
75% of our leadership teams are in post due to internal promotion. Good staff do well at CST.
Here are a few other reasons why you should work at the CST:
- We have the highest performing school in Newham within our trust, with our other schools snapping at our heels.
- You'll be part of a high performing, caring and supportive team, helping you become the best that you can possibly be.
- We’ll give you a voice that can be heard. If you show us it can be done better, we will make it happen.
- We’ll make sure you are successful. Our specialist team will work with you to forward plan the next one, three and five year of your career, so that you get to where you want to be.
- We'll provide you with exposure to challenging and rewarding work to allow you to demonstrate your skills.
- All of our schools have proactive staff social groups, CST is a great place to make friendships that can last a lifetime.
- All new staff have a buddy and a comprehensive onboarding process.
- We have an excellent Early Career Teacher (ECT) programme.
- We actively recruit teachers through the apprenticeship scheme (TAP).
- We train graduates to be the stars of the future in education.
- We’ll give you front row access to conferences that both promote and challenge the best educational ideas out there.
- We use the apprenticeship levy to fund high quality external NPQs.
- We'll put you on a leadership and development programme run by our high performing senior management when you are ready for the next step.
- CST has excellent leadership at all levels across the trust.