Our Careers and Aspirations Manager is Mr Maruf Deen. His primary role is to provide information, advice and guidance to help students make aspirational and realistic choices about their educational journey and future.
His main responsibilities are to ensure that students are provided with the correct information and advice when making decisions about their post 16 education and training. He also does the following:
- Carries out one-to-one and group career counselling sessions as he is a fully qualified careers adviser
- Organises work experience for year 10 pupils and provides comprehensive information to parents/carers
- Provides opportunities for pupils to engage with CEIAG events and activities
- Arranges option evenings in partnership with other educational establishments
- Organises and participates in IAG events at The Cumberland School and other events where appropriate
- Supports the options process and events in relation to the future goals and aspirations of all pupils
- Plans and organises career fairs including an annual careers fair at the school
- Provides parents/carers with information about the services that are available to help young people make effective learning and career decisions
- Maintains strong links and develops relationships with external businesses, organisations and other educational establishments
Parents/carers, please contact Mr Deen directly if you would like any career-related information, work experience guidance or general careers support for your child. All students in year 11 will receive a one-to-one careers interview which can be conducted with parents present when requested.
Careers and Aspirations Manager
Telephone: 020 7474 0231 Ext 7832
School Location: Careers Office F07
If training providers would like to talk to our pupils about technical education and apprenticeships, please contact our Careers and Aspirations Manager to be included in one of our careers fairs or talks.