At The Cumberland School, we strongly believe in the importance of CEIAG. We also recognise that excellent careers education will lead to successful career pathways for our pupils and positively impact their lives.
Our main objective is to equip our pupils with the right skills, tools and knowledge in order to enable them to attain excellent educational progression and successful future career pathways.
We have a dedicated Careers and Aspirations Team at TCS and their primary role is to provide careers, education, information, advice and guidance to help students make aspirational and realistic choices about their educational journey and future.
Their main responsibilities are as follows:
- Carry out one-to-one and group career counselling sessions. Mr Deen is also a fully qualified careers adviser and is registered with the Careers Development Institute.
- Manage and coordinate our flagship Prestigious Colleges Programme. Recent successes include helping twenty one pupils secure scholarships to Eton, Kings and many other notable post 16 destinations.
- Organise work experience, mentoring and internships for pupils and provide comprehensive information to parents/ carers. Some of our main partners include 15Billion EBP, Clifford Chance, Macfarlanes, UEL, Eton, UCS and Mount Kelly.
- Provide regular opportunities for pupils to engage with CEIAG events, career visits, workshops and activities with a planned careers calendar in place every year. They strive to ensure that our pupils have access to a plethora of industries ranging from the business world, STEM, law, health, art, finance, alumni's and many more.
- Support parents/ carers with information about the services that are available to help young people make effective learning and career decisions. We regularly have careers coffee mornings, online meetings and participate in parents evenings.
- Maintain strong links and develop relationships with external businesses, organisations and other educational establishments. We work with over 20+ organisations/ businesses and are always looking to build our network.
Careers and Aspirations Team at TCS
Mr Ricardo Green - Careers and Aspirations Lead
Mr Maruf Deen - Careers and Aspirations Manager & Careers Adviser
Mr Kabir Jagwani - Assistant Head with Responsibility for Careers
Ms Meena Anand - Careers Board Lead
Parents/ carers, please contact the Careers team directly if you would like any career-related information, work experience guidance or general careers support for your child. All students in year 11 will receive a one-to-one careers interview which can be conducted with parents present when requested.
If training providers would like to talk to our pupils about technical education and apprenticeships, please do contact the Careers team to be included in one of our careers fairs or talks.
Key Contact Details
Telephone: 020 7474 0231 Ext 7832
School Location: Careers Office F07
In line with the Baker Clause, all pupils in years 7-11 are entitled:
- To find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point;
- To hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through options events, assemblies and group discussions and taster events;
- To understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses. Management of provider access requests.
TCS Careers Newsletter
Please see below for the latest edition produced by TCS Careers Ambassadors.