In order to maintain accurate attendance records and ensure the health and safety of all students, all parents/carers must:
- Phone the school absence line 01227 936 880 before 8.30am each day with an explanation of your child's absence.
- Ensure your child arrives in school at 8.25am to be at Lesson 1 by 8.35am each day to receive their mark.
- Advise the school immediately of change of telephone numbers and of address via email at Contact@cumberlandcst.org. We require proof of address in order to amend this.
- Provide medical evidence if requested. It must be taken to the student window on your child’s return to school.
- Notify in advance any medical appointment, which could not be made out of school hours. Letters, appointment cards and notes must be shown.
- No students, if unwell or if permission has otherwise been granted, are allowed to leave school premises out of regular school hours without an accompanying parent or carer.
- Check with the school or the website (term dates) to ensure that parents/carers and pupils are aware of the correct term-dates.
For more information about the importance of attendance and punctuality for all students, please see our parents guide below.
The school uses ParentMail, to contact you on all issues relating to lateness or absence. Please ensure you sign up to ParentMail, which is also the school's catering and communication system. If you have any questions on how to do this please do not hesitate to contact the school. Please see video tutorial below to see how to register.
Important - This school does not permit parents/carers to take students out of school during term-time under any circumstances for:
- Medical treatment abroad
- Travel abroad/Away from home for family issues
Students who do this may lose their school place or recieve a penalty notice.
Students, whose attendance falls below the Government guidelines of 90% or with poor punctuality, will be asked to attend a school attendance panel meeting.
After 8.35am, any late students are required to sign themselves in using the booking in system at student window located by reception. This is to ensure that their attendence can be registered.
We hope that all parents/carers work co-operatively with the school.