In place of a traditional Open Evening, this year we will be offering families of students in Year 5 and 6 (socially distanced) personalised tours of the school with our senior teachers. Tours will take place between 9am and 11am every week day until October 30, 2020.
Students who attend The Cumberland School have access to genuinely life-changing opportunities that are unrivalled at other schools, not just in Newham, but in the entire country.
I am referring to our scholarship programme which supports our brightest students in applying for fully funded places at the very best independent schools. For two years in a row, we have helped students from our school win a place at Eton College, previously attended by Boris Johnson, Prince William, and Prince Harry. A considerable percentage of top professionals from every industry, including acting, finance, medicine, law, and journalism, went to Eton. If your child attends The Cumberland School, they could too.
We also have incredible connections with other independent schools across the country. This year seven year 11 students won fully funded places at top independent schools, including Eton, King's College, Wimbledon, University College, Hampstead, and Mount Kelly, Devon. These colleges have agreed to take at least one student from our school into their sixth form each year.
Our commitment to academic excellence means students are given opportunities to develop confidence, independence, and resilience. The Cumberland School has an achievement-orientated culture and all students are expected to work hard to achieve aspirational outcomes.
- An unrivalled scholarship programme where students get fully funded place at top independent schools, including Eton
- The most improved GCSE results in Newham, 2018
- A partnership with Forest Gate Community School, ranked in the top 50 schools nationally four years in a row
- Scholarships to the country's top drama school The BRIT School
- Student playing sport at an international level
- Participation in The Brilliant Club an award-winning University Scholars Programme
- Student work published in academic magazines
- Participation in the Jack Petchey Speak Out Challenge
- Students work alongside Science teachers to lead on a global project
- Extensive arts and drama programme with plans for a new high tech fitness suite
Arrange a call / tour
Please leave your name and contact details below if you wish to receive a personal phone call from a member of our leadership team. We will also be offering guided tours of the school. Alternatively, you can email our primary to secondary Transition Co-ordinator Vivien Janes directly at TCS.Transitions@cumberlandcst.org.